Hypertrophy Academy


During this phase of the training program we’re solely focusing on total ‘volume.’ Our goal is to get our neurotrasmitters to fire and increase sarcoplasimic growth. Simply put this method increase the amount of information and nutrients our muscle receive in order to produce tissue growth and chemical changes. So you will see an abnormally amount of sets and reps. It’s completely normal but requires the body some getting used to. Hang in there!  

Once the body is primed and has been receiving lots of growth information, we’ll take this opportunity to take the volume (total work capacity) down a bit and increase the intensity (weight) hence the term ‘intensitfication.’ In order to maximize growth, muscle confusion and potential and minimize plateau.

Workout Template

FAQ

Muscle growth —  known as hypertrophy — is the development of mass, density, shape, and function of muscle cells. This adaptation allows the muscle to meet exercise/function-induced stress.

Muscle cells are sort of like a bunch of sticks bundled up for firewood. Myofibrils are cylindrical bundles of filaments composed of sarcomeres. Sarcomeres are the fundamental unit of muscle contraction and are composed of myosin and actin.

All of these proteins comprise about 20% of muscle. Water, phosphates, and minerals comprise the other 80% of muscle.